Su richiesta di aza apriamo il topic della prossima AAF
che partirà il 9 febbraio, nuova lega di football con una serie di nomi interessanti tra i coach.
Queste le squadre:
Atlanta, Georgia Georgia State Stadium, Brad Childress
Birmingham, Alabama Legion Field , Tim Lewis
Memphis, Tennessee Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium , Mike Singletary
Orlando, Florida Spectrum Stadium, Steve Spurrier
Tempe, Arizona Sun Devil Stadium, Rick Neuheisel
Salt Lake Stallions
Salt Lake City, Utah Rice–Eccles Stadium, Dennis Erickson
San Antonio Commanders
San Antonio, Texas Alamodome, Mike Riley
San Diego Fleet
San Diego, California SDCCU Stadium, Mike Martz
Queste le principali regole:
- Teams will have 50 players on each roster, with some selected by a territorial draft. The territory assigned to a team consists of at least five colleges plus designated professional teams, one Canadian Football League, and four NFL teams, for those from Big Ten and the Big 12 conferences. Only one quarterback can be taken from their region. A quarterbacks-only "Protect or Pick" draft was conducted in November 2018 in which teams may retain their allocated quarterback or select an unprotected quarterback from another team.
- Telecasts will feature no television timeouts and 60 percent fewer commercials, with the league aiming for an approximate real-time game length of 150 minutes, down from just over 180 in the NFL.
- All teams must attempt two-point conversions after each touchdown; there will be no extra point kicks.
- There will be no kickoffs; halves, odd overtime periods and after scores will begin on each team's own 25-yard line, the same as touchbacks in the NFL and NCAA. In lieu of an onside kick, a team can keep possession of the ball by attempting a scrimmage play from their own 35-yard line and gaining at least 10 yards.
- The play clock will run only 30 seconds, 10 seconds shorter than in the NFL.
- Two coach's challenges per team are the only replays; no challenges in last two minutes of either half nor any overtime period, as they are automatic.
- Outside organizations will handle head-safety protocols.
- No games can end in ties, unlike the NFL.
- Playoffs will consist of four teams, the top two teams from each conference.
- Passing rules are the same as in the NCAA and CFL, in which catches are made with one foot inbounds, unlike the NFL, where they must have both feet inbounds.
Segnalo Mike Vick come OC di Atlanta!
Ieri si è partiti con il draft dei QB : https://aaf.com/live-the-alliance-of-am ... ack-draft/
ROUND 1: Protect or Pick
San Diego Fleet, Atlanta Legends, Memphis Express, and San Antonio Commanders elected to protect.Protect:
- San Diego Fleet protects: Josh Johnson
- Atlanta Legends protects: Aaron Murray
- Memphis Express protects: Troy Cook
- San Antonio Commanders protects: Dustin Vaughan
Birmingham Iron, Arizona Hotshots, Orlando Apollos, and Salt Lake Stallions elected to pick.Pick:
- Birmingham Iron picks: Luis Perez
- Arizona Hotshots picks: Trevor Knight
- Orlando Apollos picks: Garrett Gilbert
- Salt Lake Stallions picks: Josh Woodrum
- San Diego Fleet picks: Mike Bercovici
- Birmingham Iron picks: Blake Sims
- Arizona Hotshots picks: John Wolford
- Orlando Apollos picks: Stephen Morris
- Atlanta Legends picks: Matt Simms
- Salt Lake Stallions picks: B.J. Daniels
- Memphis Express picks: Christian Hackenberg
- San Antonio Commanders picks: Marquise Williams
- San Antonio Commanders picks: Logan Woodside
- Memphis Express picks: Brandon Silvers
- Salt Lake Stallions picks: Austin Allen
- Atlanta Legends picks: Peter Pujals
- Orlando Apollos picks: Austin Appleby
- Arizona Hotshots picks: Quinn McQueary
- Birmingham Iron picks: Scott Tolzien
- San Diego Fleet picks: Philip Nelson
- San Antonio Commanders picks: Dalton Sturm
- Memphis Express picks: Zach Mettenberger
- Salt Lake Stallions picks: Matt Linehan
- Atlanta Legends picks: Justin Holman
- Orlando Apollos picks: Kevin Anderson
- Arizona Hotshots picks: Jack Heneghan
- Birmingham Iron picks: Alek Torgersen
- San Diego Fleet picks: Alex Ross