Fantaman
Pro
Pro
NFL Team: California Crusaders

Re: Non è mai troppo presto... NFL DRAFT 2012

Messaggio da Fantaman » 29/04/2012, 21:48

Kansas City Chiefs

Top needs: NT, LG, S, DE, ILB

Summary: Dontari Poe is one of the mysteries of the draft. He has the measurables of Haloti Ngata, but when you roll the tape you think he's a player who could still be around in Round 3. Why does he go No. 11? He's the rarest of players, a possible solution as a 3-4 nose tackle. You can't rave about the value, but the pick made sense, and this was a top need. I like the pick of Jeff Allen, a tackle from Illinois who should move inside to guard. Two picks, two needs down. After that it was a bit more scattershot, as you'd expect. I think Donald Stephenson has the upside of a starter at tackle, which is pretty good. Devon Wylie is a burner and will return kicks, where he's dangerous. Would have liked to see a value shot at either linebacker or safety.

Round Pick Position Player College
(1) 11 NT Dontari Poe Memphis
(2) 44 T Jeff Allen Illinois
(3) 74 T Donald Stephenson Oklahoma
(4) 107 WR Devon Wylie Fresno State
(5) 146 CB De'Quan Menzie Alabama
(6) 182 RB Cyrus Gray Texas A&M
(7) 218 DT Jerome Long San Diego State
(7) 238 WR Junior Hemingway Michigan

Washington Redskins

Top needs: QB, S, RT, ILB, CB

Summary: If you feel like the grade is a tough one, remember I have to factor in the extraordinary value given up to acquire Robert Griffin III. I've looked, and it's as much as we've ever seen dealt for a top-5 pick. I think RG3 will be a very good player, and I think he can be pretty good right out of the gate, but he's this draft for Washington, and he came at the cost of (likely) three future starters. The pick of another quarterback, Kirk Cousins, obviously created some curiosity. I can see a plan: Washington develops an asset it can deal in a year to regain some draft picks. Is Cousins worth a second-round pick in a year? He could be. It was smart to get a couple of guards, because the offensive line is a weakness outside of Trent Williams. The Redskins got their guy in RG3, they just gave up an extraordinary amount to do so. Only fair to factor that in.

(1) 2 QB Robert Griffin III Baylor
(3) 71 G Josh LeRibeus SMU
(4) 102 QB Kirk Cousins Michigan State
(4) 119 LB Keenan Robinson Texas
(5) 141 G Adam Gettis Iowa
(6) 173 RB Alfred Morris Florida Atlantic
(6) 193 T Tom Compton South Dakota
(7) 213 CB Richard Crawford SMU
(7) 217 CB Jordan Bernstine Iowa

Miami Dolphins

Top needs: QB, WR, DE, T/G, S

Summary: On my final Big Board, Ryan Tannehill was my 19th-ranked player. The Dolphins got him at No. 8, and probably felt like they couldn't move down. If he's your guy, you take him and live with it. Tannehill is all projection. My worry for him is he needs more game experience, but Miami can't put him out there as a rookie with the hope of being competitive. Remember, this team went 6-3 over its final nine games. Jonathan Martin isn't a bad get at all in the second round. But again, he won't help the team much in 2012. Olivier Vernon doesn't have a high ceiling, but targets a need. Michael Egnew was my No. 4 tight end, and has solid athleticism. He's 6-foot-5, but can run in the mid-4.5 range. Lamar Miller is a great late value; he has some explosiveness and provides some insurance if Reggie Bush gets dinged. Tannehill's success or failure will define this draft -- no way around it.

(1) 8 QB Ryan Tannehill Texas A&M
(2) 42 T Jonathan Martin Stanford
(3) 72 DE Olivier Vernon Miami (FL)
(3) 78 TE Michael Egnew Missouri
(4) 97 RB Lamar Miller Miami (FL)
(5) 155 LB Josh Kaddu Oregon
(6) 183 WR B.J. Cunningham Michigan State
(7) 215 DT Kheeston Randall Texas
(7) 227 WR Rishard Matthews Nevada

New York Jets

Top needs: OLB, WR, S, RT, RB

Summary: The Jets surprised me when they went with Quinton Coples over Melvin Ingram in Round 1. To be blunt, I just think Ingram is the superior player -- and I have outside linebacker as New York's top need. Coples is a more natural fit as a 4-3 defensive end, and the obvious conclusion is Rex Ryan intends to move him inside. Still, I don't see him as a significant help in a need area -- the pass rush. Stephen Hill is a major physical talent, but he's a project in terms of route running. He can certainly keep safeties honest, however. You have to account for his deep speed, but I'm not sure he'll be able to help a lot in 2012. I like the value of Demario Davis. He was my fifth-ranked OLB in this draft. Size is a question, but Rex may set him loose situationally.

(1) 16 DE Quinton Coples North Carolina
(2) 43 WR Stephen Hill Georgia Tech
(3) 77 LB Demario Davis Arkansas State
(6) 187 S Josh Bush Wake Forest
(6) 202 RB Terrance Ganaway Baylor
(6) 203 G Robert Griffin Baylor
(7) 242 S Antonio Allen South Carolina
(7) 244 WR Jordan White Western Michigan

Atlanta Falcons

Top needs: DE, OL, OLB, CB, TE

Summary: The Falcons didn't have a first-round pick, and worked on their offensive line with their first two picks. Peter Konz is the best center in the draft, so getting him late in the second round isn't a bad value. Bradie Ewing was my top blocking fullback. They didn't get help at defensive end early, but Jonathan Massaquoi has a chance to develop. The back of the draft class, including Travian Robertson, actually offers some promise, but it's fair to say this isn't a group you'll see a lot of in 2012 as it stands today. When you're not picking until No. 55 overall, that's not a surprising assessment. The Falcons scout well, and should end up pleased with Konz, in particular.

(2) 55 C Peter Konz Wisconsin
(3) 91 T Lamar Holmes Southern Mississippi
(5) 157 FB Bradie Ewing Wisconsin
(5) 164 DE Jonathan Massaquoi Troy
(6) 192 S Charles Mitchell Mississippi State
(7) 249 NT Travian Robertson South Carolina

Jacksonville Jaguars

Top needs: DE, WR, CB, RT

Summary: Give the Jaguars credit for hitting needs with their top two picks. Justin Blackmon isn't a guy you want to have to trade up for, but it didn't cost Jacksonville dearly, and the Jaguars had to find a receiver to complement Laurent Robinson. If they didn't get Blackmon or Michael Floyd, they would have been no closer to knowing if Blaine Gabbert can develop into a franchise quarterback. Andre Branch can start early. He's better when he goes wide -- he won't be able to rush through tackles -- but he's a viable guy for a team lacking any punch in the pass rush. Bryan Anger was the top punter on my board, but taking him in the third round, with several guys who profile as potential starting right tackles available? I didn't like that pick. The Jags also didn't adequately address the secondary. Their only pick at corner or safety was Mike Harris. He was my No. 27 corner prospect.

(1) 5 WR Justin Blackmon Oklahoma State
(2) 38 DE Andre Branch Clemson
(3) 70 P Bryan Anger California
(5) 142 LB Brandon Marshall Nevada
(6) 176 CB Mike Harris Florida State
(7) 228 DT Jeris Pendleton Ashland

New Orleans Saints

Top needs: DE, CB, DT, OLB, WR

Summary: The Saints traded away their first-round pick in a deal that landed them Mark Ingram in last year's draft, and the second-round pick had to be forfeited. So they knew they wouldn't be getting much impact. Akiem Hicks is a player I actually projected to New Orleans in my three-round mock, and he's got some upside. He had the talent to go to LSU, but ended up in Canada. He's been good, but is a tricky profile because of the lack of competition. Nick Toon can catch but he won't separate (we said the same about Marques Colston, on the positive side). Corey White was a reach on my board. Hopefully Hicks is a great sleeper, but no pass-rusher, no cornerback and no linebacker help in this draft.

(3) 90 DT Akiem Hicks Regina, Can.
(4) 122 WR Nick Toon Wisconsin
(5) 162 S Corey White Samford
(6) 179 G Andrew Tiller Syracuse
(7) 234 T Marcel Jones Nebraska

Oakland Raiders

Top needs: DL, TE, WR, OLB, RB

Summary: Oakland was pretty anonymous in this draft. The Raiders didn't have a pick until No. 95, and then went with a guy I project as a guard. Tony Bergstrom started at tackle for Utah, but he'll need to move inside. Miles Burris has a chance to stick at OLB, and Jack Crawford could get better and develop into a starter along the defensive line. He needs experience. Not a great draft, but it's hard to do much when you have so few impact picks. I would have liked to see a flier pick on a tight end late.

(3) 95 G Tony Bergstrom Utah
(4) 129 LB Miles Burris San Diego State
(5) 158 DE Jack Crawford Penn State
(5) 168 WR Juron Criner Arizona
(6) 189 DT Chris Bilukidi Georgia State
(7) 230 LB Nathan Stupar Penn State

Seattle Seahawks

Top needs: DE, LB, WR, RB

Summary: Let's be clear: I think the Seahawks drafted guys they really wanted, and with a plan in mind for how to use them. They moved down once, and may have gotten worried that someone would take Bruce Irvin late in the first round if they didn't get him at No. 15. Again, you have to find the right dance partner to move around the board. But we're still talking about a player I had a late second-round grade on. I wouldn't be surprised if Irvin gets 10 sacks in 2012, but that's really his game. He's not a three-down player yet. Bobby Wagner fills a need at linebacker, but he's another guy who would have been around later on. Russell Wilson is a great test case for shorter QBs, because he has everything else, but did they need him in the third round after grabbing Matt Flynn to come in and likely start? I had running back as a need, and Robert Turbin could help out. The needs were met outside of wide receiver, but in terms of maximizing value, there are huge questions. Again, this is a grade of the draft process, not the players alone.

(1) 15 DE Bruce Irvin West Virginia
(2) 47 LB Bobby Wagner Utah State
(3) 75 QB Russell Wilson Wisconsin
(4) 106 RB Robert Turbin Utah State
(4) 114 DT Jaye Howard Florida
(5) 154 LB Korey Toomer Idaho
(6) 172 CB Jeremy Lane Northwestern State
(6) 181 CB Winston Guy Kentucky
(7) 225 DT J.R. Sweezy North Carolina State
(7) 232 DE Greg Scruggs Louisville

Fantaman
Pro
Pro
NFL Team: California Crusaders

Messaggio da Fantaman » 29/04/2012, 21:50

First grade is needs, second is value, third is overall.

Eagles: A, A-, A
Bucs: B+, A+, A
Bengals: A, B, A-
Colts: A-, B+, A-
Chargers: B, B+, B+
Vikings: B+, B-, B
Ravens: B-, B+, B
Texans: C+, B+, B
Steelers: A-, B-, B
Packers: B+, B-, B
Lions: B-, B+, B
Browns: B+, C, B-
Cardinals: C+, B+, B-
Rams: C+, B+, B-
Bills: C, B, B-
Patriots: A-, C, B-
Panthers: C, B+, B-
Bears: C+, C, C+
Broncos: B-, C, C+
49ers: C+, B-, C+
Titans: C, B-, C+
Cowboys: B, C, C+
Giants: B, C, C+
Chiefs: B, C, C+
Redskins: B+, C, C+
Dolphins: B, D+, C
Jets: C, C+, C
Falcons: C-, B-, C
Jaguars: B, D, C
Saints: D+, C, C-
Raiders: C-, C, C-
Seahawks: B, D-, C-

Porsche 928
MLB Team: Texas Rangers
NFL Team: Houston Texans
NBA Team: Houston Rockets
NHL Team: Dallas Stars

Messaggio da Porsche 928 » 30/04/2012, 0:00

Fantaman ha scritto:First grade is needs, second is value, third is overall.

Molto "politici" come voti secondo me, nessuno che prende insufficienza (D) in Overall, significa che sostanzialmente tutti hanno fatto sifficientemente bene, impossibile IMHO.

The Answer Palermitano
MLB Team: Philadelphia Phillies
NFL Team: Philadelphia Eagles
NBA Team: Philadelphia 76ers
NHL Team: Philadelphia Flyers
Squadra di calcio: FC Palermo

Messaggio da The Answer Palermitano » 30/04/2012, 0:02

Porsche 928 ha scritto:
Fantaman ha scritto:First grade is needs, second is value, third is overall.

Molto "politici" come voti secondo me, nessuno che prende insufficienza (D) in Overall, significa che sostanzialmente tutti hanno fatto sifficientemente bene, impossibile IMHO.

assolutamente dai, non dare D a Draft come quello dei Jaguars, o dei Saints, o dei Seahawks per me è pazzia pura. Penso che non abbia voluto infierire su nessuno con i giudizi.
Immagine Immagine ImmagineImmagine

ride_the_lightning
MLB Team: Fernando Tatis Jr
NFL Team: Justin Herbert
NBA Team: De'Aaron Fox

Messaggio da ride_the_lightning » 30/04/2012, 0:16

Però dai TAP, i Jaguars prima del premio Mouton 2012, Anger, non avevan fatto tanto male con Blackmon e Branch. Sapessi poi cosa han preso negli altri giri sarebbe già un traguardo, ma per i primi due una sufficienza se la meritano. Certo, il punter grida vendetta vedendo il potenziale che c'era ancora in giro.
Saints ingiudicabile con il secondo arrivato al premio Mouton 2012, quello da Regina che manco ricordo. Anche se Toon nel loro sistema come terzo/quarto ricevitore potrebbe far bene. Seattle, beh, Seattle è Seattle.
BruceSmith ha scritto:in coppia con raid, hanno rispolverato il sempre attuale poliziotto buono - poliziotto cattivo, portandosi ai livelli di coppie leggendarie tipo Riggs-Martaugh, Cohle-Hart, Starsky-Hutch o ErMonnezza-Bombolo.

Jeremy
Senior
Senior
MLB Team: Giants
NFL Team: 49ers

Messaggio da Jeremy » 30/04/2012, 0:45

Rocky ha scritto:
azazel ha scritto:Dallas C+
San Francisco D

altri?
Immagine
Grazie! :ok:

The Answer Palermitano
MLB Team: Philadelphia Phillies
NFL Team: Philadelphia Eagles
NBA Team: Philadelphia 76ers
NHL Team: Philadelphia Flyers
Squadra di calcio: FC Palermo

Messaggio da The Answer Palermitano » 30/04/2012, 1:16

ride_the_lightning ha scritto:Però dai TAP, i Jaguars prima del premio Mouton 2012, Anger, non avevan fatto tanto male con Blackmon e Branch. Sapessi poi cosa han preso negli altri giri sarebbe già un traguardo, ma per i primi due una sufficienza se la meritano. Certo, il punter grida vendetta vedendo il potenziale che c'era ancora in giro.
Saints ingiudicabile con il secondo arrivato al premio Mouton 2012, quello da Regina che manco ricordo. Anche se Toon nel loro sistema come terzo/quarto ricevitore potrebbe far bene. Seattle, beh, Seattle è Seattle.

Il problema di Jacksonville è sul fatto che era una squadra che aveva talmente bisogno di aiuto da questo draft che accidenti hanno gettato così un 3° giro. Dico, posso ANCORA ANCORA (anche se non lo capisco) che hai una squadra bella e fatta e non sai davvero chi prendere e ti sei innamorato di quel punter, però davvero i Jaguars potevano prendere chiunque in qualsiasi ruolo, cadevano comunque in piedi.
Immagine Immagine ImmagineImmagine

Angyair
Pro
Pro
MLB Team: San Francisco Giants
NFL Team: San Francisco 49ers
NBA Team: Chicago Bulls
NHL Team: San Josè Sharks
Contatta:

Messaggio da Angyair » 30/04/2012, 9:23

Per me è ancora più assurdo dare i giudizi il giorno dopo del draft senza neanche aver mai visto giocare tra i pro questi giocatore ma va beh...lo so di essere strano.

49ekers
Senior
Senior
MLB Team: S.F. Giants
NFL Team: 49ers
NBA Team: Lakers
NHL Team: L.A. Kings

Messaggio da 49ekers » 30/04/2012, 12:46

in linea teorica i bengals hanno fatto un capolavoro, miglior draft per distacco seguito dagli acciaieri :applauso:

ho la sensazione che questo draft porterà in vetrina molti prospetti che sono stati bollati come scelte assurde o quasi, tipo Irvin....
See the ball, Hit the ball

Angyair
Pro
Pro
MLB Team: San Francisco Giants
NFL Team: San Francisco 49ers
NBA Team: Chicago Bulls
NHL Team: San Josè Sharks
Contatta:

Messaggio da Angyair » 30/04/2012, 17:22

Tempo fa si parlava di Skip Bayless....
Skip Bayless just opined, "I know all about RG3. He STRUGGLED his 1st 4 games." Stats on those gms: 92-112 (82.1%), 18 TDs, 1 INT... :dohut0: :dohut0: :dohut0: :dohut0:

saints68
Rookie
Rookie

Messaggio da saints68 » 30/04/2012, 18:45

Crick alla fine dov'e' finito?A che giro l'hanno scelto?

detroit89
Pro
Pro
MLB Team: Detroit Tigers
NFL Team: Detroit Lions
NBA Team: Detroit Pistons
NHL Team: Detroit Red Wings

Messaggio da detroit89 » 30/04/2012, 18:51

saints68 ha scritto:Crick alla fine dov'e' finito?A che giro l'hanno scelto?
ai Texans al 4°round
Bad Boys V - 2015/2016 Keeper Separatista Champion

2021 NFL WhataGame
1#7 Ja'Marr Chase WR LSU
2#41 Jabril Cox LB LSU
3#72 Ronnie Perkins DE OU
3#101 Baron Browning LB OSU
4#112 Paulson Adebo CB Stanford

saints68
Rookie
Rookie

Messaggio da saints68 » 30/04/2012, 19:02

Ottima presa,direi.Davvero si puo'rivelare un grosso affare per Houston...

Whatarush
MLB Team: Pirates
NFL Team: Steelers
NHL Team: Penguins

Messaggio da Whatarush » 09/10/2012, 13:57

Come da titolo del 3d....non è mai troppo presto!!
Nfl Draft 2013, il primo mock di S. Wright

Immagine

...non so se ha messo solo senior o anche chi è probabile esca prima...(mmm...Barkevious "Kiki" Mingo dovrebbe essere un junior :penso: )
2024 Playit Draft Game

#20 C Jackson Powers-Johnson (6-3, 328), Oregon Ducks 

Teo
MLB Team: Atlanta Braves
NFL Team: Buffalo Bills
NBA Team: Utah Jazz
NHL Team: Colorado Avalanche
Contatta:

Messaggio da Teo » 09/10/2012, 14:06

Il Mock è di inizio settembre, mi sa che è un po' vecchio, anche perchè manca Geno.
 ImmagineImmagineImmagine

Rispondi

Torna a “NFL”