DommiToad
Senior
Senior
MLB Team: Colorado Rockies
NFL Team: Denver Broncos
NBA Team: Denver Nuggets

Re: Non è mai troppo presto... NFL DRAFT 2012

Messaggio da DommiToad » 29/04/2012, 18:08

Ma Washington per chè piglia RG3 e poi Cousins??
Immagine
Immagine

T-REX
NFL Team: Miami Dolphins
NBA Team: Phoenix Suns
NHL Team: Pittsburgh Penguins

Messaggio da T-REX » 29/04/2012, 18:32

Potrei chiedere quella sui Dolphins?

ride_the_lightning
MLB Team: Fernando Tatis Jr
NFL Team: Justin Herbert
NBA Team: De'Aaron Fox

Messaggio da ride_the_lightning » 29/04/2012, 18:47

BruceSmith ha scritto:in coppia con raid, hanno rispolverato il sempre attuale poliziotto buono - poliziotto cattivo, portandosi ai livelli di coppie leggendarie tipo Riggs-Martaugh, Cohle-Hart, Starsky-Hutch o ErMonnezza-Bombolo.

pippo77
Pro
Pro

Messaggio da pippo77 » 29/04/2012, 19:54

azazel ha scritto:rocky marionetta :fischia:

ok l'hai offeso e mo ce la pijamo in saccoccia... :icon_paper:

Rocky
Pro
Pro
MLB Team: Yankees
NFL Team: Steelers
NBA Team: 76ers
NHL Team: Penguins
Contatta:

Messaggio da Rocky » 29/04/2012, 21:04

azazel ha scritto:Dallas C+
San Francisco D

altri?
Immagine
Immagine

Mentre i Dolphins.

Immagine

pippo77
Pro
Pro

Messaggio da pippo77 » 29/04/2012, 21:30

[quote="Rocky"][/quote]

Patriots?

:notworthy:

ride_the_lightning
MLB Team: Fernando Tatis Jr
NFL Team: Justin Herbert
NBA Team: De'Aaron Fox

Messaggio da ride_the_lightning » 29/04/2012, 21:31

E a sto punto anche San Diego, Rocky, thanks. :thumbup:
BruceSmith ha scritto:in coppia con raid, hanno rispolverato il sempre attuale poliziotto buono - poliziotto cattivo, portandosi ai livelli di coppie leggendarie tipo Riggs-Martaugh, Cohle-Hart, Starsky-Hutch o ErMonnezza-Bombolo.

Fantaman
Pro
Pro
NFL Team: California Crusaders

Messaggio da Fantaman » 29/04/2012, 21:46

Così facciamo prima:

I know you can't grade an NFL draft on performance the day it ends. And we often go back to look at how my assessments held up. What I'm asked to do here is grade how well teams hit their needs based on where I had the players valued. That's it. I talk to teams, and they have players rated higher and lower than I do. I'm not claiming to be smarter than them about how they value a player, but if they get a guy in Round 2 whom I had tagged with a late-round grade, it matters here. I factor need and value, including the value created by trades and added picks.

It's amazing how nimble teams were on the draft board this year. The first round not only flew by, teams were dealing left and right. The cost certainty now locked into place with rookies opens things up. And because teams were able to move, I felt like they were able to target specific needs with early picks a little more than they have in years past. If you can move freely, "the best player available" turns into "the best player available at a specific need." Nice option, huh?

Grading Scale: In my mind an "A" means it's exceptional; a "B" means it's very good; a "C" means average, with hits and misses; a "D" means it's below average with some big questions. An "F" … well, I didn't have one this year.

As always, feel free to disagree. I'm well aware I'll feel differently about a lot of picks next year. A lot of you ripped me for being too kind last year, so let me know what you think about this class.

Philadelphia Eagles

Top needs: OLB, SS, OT, DT, TE

Summary: One of the best drafts in terms of lining up needs and getting guys at spots where I didn't think they'd still be around. They moved up to get Fletcher Cox, an immediate starter. Mychal Kendricks is a perfect fit, and at No. 46, a really good value. The Eagles look a lot better up the middle after this weekend. If Vinny Curry came off the board really early in the second round, nobody would have been surprised, so to get him at No. 59 is a steal. Nick Foles has the upside of an NFL starter, and Andy Reid could turn him into something. Brandon Boykin is my No. 9-ranked corner, so I love the value as a fourth-rounder. I thought they might get a tackle earlier, but it's hard to quibble given the value they got with every pick early on. I love this draft, and Bryce Brown will be an interesting story if he sticks. Keep an eye on Brandon Washington, a sixth-rounder with the upside of a starter at guard.

Round Pick Position Player College
(1) 12 DT Fletcher Cox Mississippi State
(2) 46 LB Mychal Kendricks California
(2) 59 DE Vinny Curry Marshall
(3) 88 QB Nick Foles Arizona
(4) 123 CB Brandon Boykin Georgia
(5) 153 T Dennis Kelly Purdue
(6) 194 WR Marvin McNutt Iowa
(6) 200 G Brandon Washington Miami (FL)
(7) 229 RB Bryce Brown Kansas State

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Top needs: CB, RB, LB, SS, TE

Summary: In terms of adding impactful talent, and working the board, it's hard to do any better than Tampa Bay did in the first two rounds. The Bucs got the best safety in the draft after moving down, then swooped in at No. 31 to get the most complete running back not named Trent Richardson. Doug Martin is a good complement to LeGarrette Blount, and has great hands. Lavonte David is an undersized tackling machine who could be a dynamic weakside linebacker; he was on my Big Board. They didn't get to add a cornerback until Keith Tandy at No. 174, but I'm not sure any other team added as much early positive impact.

(1) 7 S Mark Barron Alabama
(1) 31 RB Doug Martin Boise State
(2) 58 LB Lavonte David Nebraska
(5) 140 LB Najee Goode West Virginia
(6) 174 CB Keith Tandy West Virginia
(7) 212 RB Michael Smith Utah State
(7) 233 TE Drake Dunsmore Northwestern
Cincinnati Bengals

Top needs: RG, WR, CB, DE, SS

Summary: The Bengals didn't hit any home runs in value, but as we sat on the set we'd nod to each other with every pick. (How's that for a behind-the-scenes glimpse?) They just crossed off needs, one pick after another. They needed a corner and nabbed Dre Kirkpatrick. I think he'd be more of an ace in Cover 2, but he's a good corner and can start immediately. Kevin Zeitler is a stud at guard, and upgrades a weakness. Devon Still provides immediate depth on the D-line, and Mohamed Sanu will stick. He was hugely productive at Rutgers. Orson Charles is a complete tight end -- he was my No. 5-ranked player at that spot, and the Bengals get him at No. 116. I thought George Iloka was a little overrated, but he's a steal in the sixth round. If he develops as a tackler, he has the upside of a starter. Overall, an excellent draft for Marvin Lewis and the Bengals.

(1) 17 CB Dre Kirkpatrick Alabama
(1) 27 G Kevin Zeitler Wisconsin
(2) 53 DT Devon Still Penn State
(3) 83 WR Mohamed Sanu Rutgers
(3) 93 DT Brandon Thompson Clemson
(4) 116 TE Orson Charles Georgia
(5) 156 CB Shaun Prater Iowa
(5) 166 WR Marvin Jones California
(5) 167 S George Iloka Boise State
(6) 191 RB Dan Herron Ohio State
Indianapolis Colts

Top needs: QB, WR, DL, CB, OL

Summary: Think the Colts were concerned about building a supporting cast for Andrew Luck? They showed an unbelievable commitment to Luck, adding the top two tight ends in the draft in Coby Fleener and Dwayne Allen (Luck is used to two-TE sets), a burner in T.Y. Hilton who could become a gem in the slot and even got a possible late steal with Lavon Brazill way down the board. Josh Chapman hits a big need on the interior of that defensive line, and I've even heard really positive assessments of his health situation after he actually played some games without an ACL in 2011. Colleague Trent Dilfer noted that getting all these pass-catching pieces now is a good way to develop early chemistry and give Luck a chance to succeed earlier than we suspected given the state of the lineup going into the draft. I'd make this grade a good one with Luck alone. But the Colts did that one better. They had a plan and I came away impressed.

(1) 1 QB Andrew Luck Stanford
(2) 34 TE Coby Fleener Stanford
(3) 64 TE Dwayne Allen Clemson
(3) 92 WR T.Y. Hilton Florida International
(5) 136 DT Josh Chapman Alabama
(5) 170 RB Vick Ballard Mississippi State
(6) 206 WR LaVon Brazill Ohio
(7) 208 T Justin Anderson Georgia
(7) 214 LB Tim Fugger Vanderbilt
(7) 253 QB Chandler Harnish Northern Illinois
San Diego Chargers

Top needs: OLB, SS, CB, RB, OL

Summary: I went into the draft with Melvin Ingram as the No. 7-ranked player on my Big Board. There were legit concerns about whether he has much projection left, but he simply knows how to get to the QB, and he fills a top need. Getting him at No. 18 is a major value. I didn't see Kendall Reyes as a big need pick, but getting him at No. 49 is another value grab. This is probably the most athletic DT in the whole draft, so you can see him and Corey Liuget developing and making the Chargers pretty formidable up front. Brandon Taylor was my No. 4-ranked safety, and fills another need. Surprised they got neither a corner nor a running back. You can nab an undrafted RB, but corners are harder to come by. No help at all on the offensive line either, a problem area last year.

(1) 18 LB Melvin Ingram South Carolina
(2) 49 DT Kendall Reyes Connecticut
(3) 73 S Brandon Taylor LSU
(4) 110 TE Ladarius Green Louisiana-Lafayette
(5) 149 G Johnnie Troutman Penn State
(7) 226 C David Molk Michigan
(7) 250 RB Edwin Baker Michigan State
Minnesota Vikings

Top needs: CB, LT, WR, S, G

Summary: The Vikings did pretty well. They got the left tackle they coveted in Matt Kalil, and they moved up to get a safety. Both Kalil and Harrison Smith, their two first-round picks, should be starting in Week 1. Josh Robinson adds speed, if not a lot of polish, at corner, and has the chance to develop into a good player. Jarius Wright and Greg Childs both come from Arkansas, and both can make plays after the catch. Overall, the Vikings did a good job of hitting needs. I don't think we'll look back and see a lot of star power here, but they got what they needed. A pretty good weekend for Minnesota.

(1) 4 T Matt Kalil USC
(1) 29 S Harrison Smith Notre Dame
(3) 66 CB Josh Robinson Central Florida
(4) 118 WR Jarius Wright Arkansas
(4) 128 FB Rhett Ellison USC
(4) 134 WR Greg Childs Arkansas
(5) 139 CB Robert Blanton Notre Dame
(6) 175 K Blair Walsh Georgia
(7) 210 LB Audie Cole North Carolina State
(7) 219 DT Trevor Guyton California
Baltimore Ravens

Top needs: G/C, OLB, WR, S, DL

Summary: The Ravens had a great weekend. Any time you move out of the first round, still get a guy with first-round talent, and he happens to fill your biggest need, you're happy. Courtney Upshaw isn't a gifted pass-rusher, but he does exactly what Jarret Johnson did, sealing the edge against the run. He plays with relentless energy and has the experience to start immediately. Kelechi Osemele isn't a future starter at tackle, but moved inside you might have a player at guard. Again, that's a big need. Bernard Pierce provides insurance in the run game, and Asa Jackson has a chance to stick in what's already a good secondary. No stars, but really good value at the top, and needs were hit.

(2) 35 LB Courtney Upshaw Alabama
(2) 60 T Kelechi Osemele Iowa State
(3) 84 RB Bernard Pierce Temple
(4) 98 G Gino Gradkowski Delaware
(4) 130 S Christian Thompson South Carolina State
(5) 169 CB Asa Jackson Cal Poly
(6) 198 WR Tommy Streeter Miami (FL)
(7) 236 DE Deangelo Tyson Georgia
Houston Texans

Top needs: WR, LB, G/T, CB, NT

Summary: I had Whitney Mercilus as a good fit at defensive end as high as No. 19 with the Bears, so he's a pretty good value at No. 26. He isn't Mario Williams, but the defense made a huge leap in 2011, and the Texans clearly want to make sure Wade Phillips has the tools he needs. He's not a great value at No. 68 overall, but I'm intrigued by the DeVier Posey pick. He had to sit out so many games last year I don't think scouts saw enough of him. He has really good hands, can create some matchup problems, and might be a little underrated in his ability to stretch the field. I also really like Keshawn Martin. He creates space and should stick with this team. Ben Jones and Brandon Brooks help the interior of that offensive line. I was surprised the Texans didn't get a linebacker. At one time I saw Jared Crick as a second-rounder. If he regains form, that's a good value in the fourth.

(1) 26 DE Whitney Mercilus Illinois
(3) 68 WR DeVier Posey Ohio State
(3) 76 G Brandon Brooks Miami (OH)
(4) 99 C Ben Jones Georgia
(4) 121 WR Keshawn Martin Michigan State
(4) 126 DT Jared Crick Nebraska
(5) 161 K Randy Bullock Texas A&M
(6) 195 T Nick Mondek Purdue
Pittsburgh Steelers

Top needs: G/T, NT, ILB, CB, WR

Summary: Pittsburgh got one of the total steals of the draft when Stanford guard David DeCastro fell all the way to No. 24. Just think about the inside of that offensive line now with DeCastro next to Maurkice Pouncey. It could be a dominant unit. We know Mike Adams has some off-the-field questions, but Mike Tomlin explained to us that the team took major precautions. If it was just a talent question, you're getting a really good player that far down the board, though I'm not sure he has an immediate role. If Marcus Gilbert ultimately moves to the left side, Adams could start early on the right side. He's not a power guy, but has great technique as a pass protector. Sean Spence is a guy Dick LeBeau can develop. He's too big for safety, and can add speed at linebacker. Chris Rainey could be a steal just because he'll get you big plays at running back, with not a ton of reps. He could also be a returner. Ta'amu isn't a special talent, but if he sticks can fill a special role. True 3-4 nose tackles are hard to find. This was a fantastic draft in my opinion.

(1) 24 G David DeCastro Stanford
(2) 56 T Mike Adams Ohio State
(3) 86 LB Sean Spence Miami (FL)
(4) 109 NT Alameda Ta'amu Washington
(5) 159 RB Chris Rainey Florida
(7) 231 WR Toney Clemons Colorado
(7) 240 TE David Paulson Oregon
(7) 246 CB Terrence Frederick Texas A&M
(7) 248 T Kelvin Beachum Southern Methodist
Green Bay Packers

Top needs: OLB, FS, DE, RB, CB

Summary: Green Bay sacked opposing quarterbacks on 4.28 percent of pass attempts last year. That was worse than the other 31 teams in the NFL. The Packers simply had to add to the pass rush. Nick Perry may not be the perfect profile as a guy who can fit their scheme, but one thing he can do is get up field and turn the corner. I still think he has some development left. The value was about right for my board. Jerel Worthy gets dinged for effort, but when he plays, the guy is Round 1 material. He could be a steal at No. 51. Casey Hayward is a nice little nickel corner and can handle slot receivers, something they really need in that division. The real steal for me is Terrell Manning all the way down at No. 163. He can shadow Clay Matthews and become a nice pass-rush threat for them. If you saw my draft guide book last year, I had Manning as the top OLB in his class. He fell a little this year, and had injury issues, but there's a lot to like. Nice draft for the Pack.

(1) 28 DE Nick Perry USC
(2) 51 DT Jerel Worthy Michigan State
(2) 62 CB Casey Hayward Vanderbilt
(4) 132 DT Mike Daniels Iowa
(4) 133 S Jeron McMillian Maine
(5) 163 LB Terrell Manning North Carolina State
(7) 241 T Andrew Datko Florida State
(7) 243 QB B.J. Coleman Chattanooga

Fantaman
Pro
Pro
NFL Team: California Crusaders

Messaggio da Fantaman » 29/04/2012, 21:47

Detroit Lions

Top needs: CB, RB, OL, LB, S

Summary: The board broke pretty well for Detroit. The Lions need to get younger on the offensive line and I didn't expect Riley Reiff to be there at No. 23. Corner is a huge need, so I was a little surprised they went for Ryan Broyles in Round 2 -- they certainly don't have problems throwing the ball -- but if he hadn't been hurt I think he goes late in Round 1. Again, could turn into major value. Dwight Bentley still on the board at No. 85 overall was a stroke of luck. I thought he could have gone in Round 2, so the Broyles pick didn't hurt as much. Ronnell Lewis is an interesting pick. I thought he could be a good Leo linebacker for someone. I could see Detroit using him as a situational pass-rusher. I'm interested to see if Travis Lewis can stick. He's another Oklahoma prospect that at one time I assumed would go much higher. I also thought running back could have been a good late addition, but hopefully both Jahvid Best and Mikel Leshoure work out. Kevin Smith is also back.

(1) 23 T Riley Reiff Iowa
(2) 54 WR Ryan Broyles Oklahoma
(3) 85 CB Dwight Bentley Louisiana-Lafayette
(4) 125 LB Ronnell Lewis Oklahoma
(5) 138 LB Tahir Whitehead Temple
(5) 148 CB Chris Greenwood Albion
(6) 196 CB Jonte Green New Mexico State
(7) 223 LB Travis Lewis Oklahoma
Cleveland Browns

Top needs: QB, RB, WR, RT, CB

Summary: The Browns will get questions on value, but they had a plan and stuck to it. They moved up to get Trent Richardson, ostensibly so Tampa Bay couldn't, and while a running back at No. 3 is always a tough value proposition, Richardson is a rare talent. The Browns clearly felt they couldn't wait to take Brandon Weeden at No. 37, and locked him up at No. 22. Given the talk surrounding Colt McCoy, they clearly expect Weeden to start. Mitchell Schwartz was a slight reach on my board at No. 37, but he's extremely experienced, and you know what you're getting at right tackle. Cleveland finally got a receiver with the No. 100 pick. I saw that as a bigger need than right tackle. There were good wideouts available at No. 37, so that's the pick I question the most.

(1) 3 RB Trent Richardson Alabama
(1) 22 QB Brandon Weeden Oklahoma State
(2) 37 T Mitchell Schwartz California
(3) 87 DT John Hughes Cincinnati
(4) 100 WR Travis Benjamin Miami (FL)
(4) 120 LB James-Michael Johnson Nevada
(5) 160 G Ryan Miller Colorado
(6) 204 LB Emmanuel Acho Texas
(6) 205 DT Billy Winn Boise State
(7) 245 CB Trevin Wade Arizona
(7) 247 TE Brad Smelley Alabama
Arizona Cardinals

Top needs: OT, WR, OLB, DE, S

Summary: Having Michael Floyd in this lineup will help Larry Fitzgerald and Kevin Kolb. If they can find a way to pass block, Floyd's presence should tell the Cardinals if they have their QB of the future, or whether they need to go back to the drawing board. But I'm not sure they can protect. Bobby Massie is one of the better values of the draft at No. 112 overall, and could provide an upgrade. Justin Bethel is an interesting developmental pick out of tiny Presbyterian. He has elite speed. The Cardinals took three tackles, so it's clear they're hoping they strike gold once or twice. If they did, they got their top two needs. After that, it's just OK. No help in the pass rush, or at outside linebacker. I also thought they could use a safety. If Floyd plays the way he did in 2011, and keeps focused, he should be a pretty good one.

(1) 13 WR Michael Floyd Notre Dame
(3) 80 CB Jamell Fleming Oklahoma
(4) 112 T Bobby Massie Mississippi
(5) 151 T Senio Kelemete Washington
(6) 177 CB Justin Bethel Presbyterian
(6) 185 QB Ryan Lindley San Diego State
(7) 221 T Nate Potter Boise State
St. Louis Rams

Top needs: WR, OL, CB, OLB, DT

Summary: The St. Louis Rams got a lot of nice players in Round 2. The downside, as Jon Gruden noted to me, is that this was a team that at one time held the No. 2 overall pick in the draft. The Rams were in a position to draft a guy they assume is capable of stardom. Did they get adequate return in this draft (remember, a lot of the value will be coming in the next few years given the trade parameters)? Let's see. Michael Brockers helps a need area, but there's developmental work to be done. I really like Brian Quick, and he has the upside of a No. 1 wide receiver, with a big frame (6-4, 220) and pretty good speed. He'll need some developmental work given the leap in levels. You know the off-the-field story on Janoris Jenkins. He's a risk, but he's a top-10 talent if he can stay focused on football. I'm a fan of the traits Isaiah Pead can bring to this offense. If he'd gone early in Round 2 it wouldn't have been a surprise. He's explosive. Trumaine Johnson is a good value at cornerback, and Chris Givens could become a starter. Greg Zuerlein was the top kicker on my board. The Rams got a lot of players, but also inherited some risk with development to be done. Not a bad draft in my eyes, and they have more picks on the way courtesy of the Redskins.

(1) 14 DT Michael Brockers LSU
(2) 33 WR Brian Quick Appalachian State
(2) 39 CB Janoris Jenkins North Alabama
(2) 50 RB Isaiah Pead Cincinnati
(3) 65 CB Trumaine Johnson Montana
(4) 96 WR Chris Givens Wake Forest
(5) 150 T Rokevious Watkins South Carolina
(6) 171 K Greg Zuerlein Missouri Western
(7) 209 LB Aaron Brown Hawaii
(7) 252 RB Daryl Richardson Abilene Christian
Buffalo Bills

Top needs: LT, WR, OLB, CB, QB

Summary: I had the Bills selecting Stephon Gilmore in my final mock draft, and they ended up taking him. I didn't see CB as the top need, but it's a solid pick. Gilmore is ready to start immediately for a secondary that allowed 7.3 yards per pass attempt in 2011. The Bills pass defense should be better in 2012 when you put together an improved pass rush and the draft help in the secondary. Ron Brooks, a burner out of LSU, could stick as a slot cornerback. He lacks size, but can fly. I don't share the opinion that Cordy Glenn can be a left tackle, but he was a total steal at No. 41. He was on my final Big Board at No. 14. If the Bills move him inside (or to right tackle), he'll succeed. Zebrie Sanders was a steal in the sixth round. They got a wideout with T.J. Graham, as well as a pair of linebackers to bring in and battle for a spot. Pretty good weekend for Buddy Nix and the Bills.

(1) 10 CB Stephon Gilmore South Carolina
(2) 41 G Cordy Glenn Georgia
(3) 69 WR T.J. Graham North Carolina State
(4) 105 LB Nigel Bradham Florida State
(4) 124 CB Ron Brooks LSU
(5) 144 T Zebrie Sanders Florida State
(5) 147 LB Tank Carder TCU
(6) 178 G Mark Asper Oregon
(7) 251 K John Potter Western Michigan
New England Patriots

Top needs: DE, OLB, S, WR, CB

Summary: Any time you come out of a draft with two players who could be early starters on a good team, you feel pretty good. The Patriots had four total picks in the first three rounds, and got help in the pass rush when they traded up to get Chandler Jones at No. 21 overall. Then they dealt up again (I know, typical Patriots) to get Dont'a Hightower at No. 25. Neither guy is particularly special in terms of draft value based on the pick slots, but they both fill needs. Tavon Wilson, a safety they got in Round 2, was one of the bigger reaches on my draft board. I think he would have been available perhaps as late as the sixth round. Again, however, that's a need fit. Jake Bequette is a versatile defensive lineman -- he played with his hand on the ground at Arkansas but could stand up for Bill Belichick. Alfonzo Dennard is a great value based on his talent -- the Patriots did their homework on off-the-field issues. Good work targeting top needs, but the value was pretty average overall, given the big reach on Wilson.

(1) 21 DE Chandler Jones Syracuse
(1) 25 LB Dont'a Hightower Alabama
(2) 48 S Tavon Wilson Illinois
(3) 90 DE Jake Bequette Arkansas
(6) 197 CB Nate Ebner Ohio State
(7) 224 CB Alfonzo Dennard Nebraska
(7) 235 WR Jeremy Ebert Northwestern
Carolina Panthers

Top needs: DT, CB, DE, WR, OLB

Summary: Given all the health problems in their linebacking corps over the last couple years, and an inability to defend the run, Luke Kuechly at No. 9 was no surprise. That's where I had him projected, and I obviously love what he can do -- he's among my top 10 players in the draft, which is saying something for an inside linebacker. I'm pretty shocked they didn't get a single defensive tackle. That was a glaring weakness in 2011, not at all helped by injuries. Frank Alexander has some ability as a pass-rusher, and I can see Josh Norman developing into a starter. As much as I like Kuechly, they drop a little because they didn't hit the top need. Hopefully their young defensive tackles continue to develop.

(1) 9 LB Luke Kuechly Boston College
(2) 40 G Amini Silatolu Midwestern State
(4) 103 DE Frank Alexander Oklahoma
(4) 104 WR Joe Adams Arkansas
(5) 143 CB Josh Norman Coastal Carolina
(6) 207 P Brad Nortman Wisconsin
(7) 216 S D.J. Campbell California
Chicago Bears

Top needs: OL, DE, CB, WR, DT

Summary: Shea McClellin is a good player and will help out the pass rush, but I didn't see him going quite this high. I just don't think he has quite the ceiling of a guy like Whitney Mercilus. But he at least fills a need. Alshon Jeffery gives them another option at wide receiver, but needs to prove he can do more than beat defenders by using size to get to passes. For one, he's not as big as he'd been listed for several years, and he must get better as a route-runner. Can he separate? It's still a question. Brandon Hardin was a reach, though he'll stick. My big question is about needs. The Bears just don't have a lot of talent on the offensive line. Gabe Carimi will be back, but I'm really surprised they had six picks and didn't get a single offensive lineman. Even if it wasn't a big need I'd want to get a young guy in there. The Bears also didn't get a defensive tackle, which I had as a need.

(1) 19 DE Shea McClellin Boise State
(2) 45 WR Alshon Jeffery South Carolina
(3) 79 S Brandon Hardin Oregon State
(4) 111 FB Evan Rodriguez Temple
(6) 184 CB Isaiah Frey Nevada
(7) 220 CB Greg McCoy TCU
Denver Broncos

Top needs: DT, RB, CB, WR, G/C

Summary: The Broncos traded out of the first round entirely, but got a player I thought could go in the late first in Derek Wolfe. He has an incredible motor and knows how to get to the QB from the inside. He's exactly what the Broncos needed. Brock Osweiler gives them some insurance at QB, but needs a ton of developmental work. He really could have used another year of reps, and you can start the debate about whether it's better to watch Peyton Manning on TV while getting playing time, or to watch him from the sidelines while holding a clipboard. (For the record, he's a better prospect than Jim Sorgi or Curtis Painter ever was.) Ronnie Hillman is really productive and could break off some big plays. Omar Bolden has a chance to stick, and that was a need position. Philip Blake could develop into a starter. Nothing spectacular, but Denver hit a couple needs and got a little insurance.

(2) 36 DT Derek Wolfe Cincinnati
(2) 57 QB Brock Osweiler Arizona State
(3) 67 RB Ronnie Hillman San Diego State
(4) 101 CB Omar Bolden Arizona State
(4) 108 C Philip Blake Baylor
(5) 137 DE Malik Jackson Tennessee
(6) 188 LB Danny Trevathan Kentucky
San Francisco 49ers

Top needs: RG, WR, S, CB, RB

Summary: San Francisco is working a "no excuses" plan. Meaning, the 49ers have added enough pieces to this offense via both free agency and the draft that Alex Smith should continue to develop. If he can't get to the next level with this group, my guess is Jim Harbaugh will look for someone who can. A.J. Jenkins was a bit of a reach on my board, but I know the 49ers really liked him. I'm a huge fan of LaMichael James, and I had a change-of-pace running back as one of their needs. Joe Looney is a decent player, though he's no immediate upgrade like I felt they needed. Trent Robinson has a chance to be a starter at some point, but I thought they could have used a corner. Not a bad draft at all, and you could see their strategy. It's tough to add early impact to a good roster.

(1) 30 WR A.J. Jenkins Illinois
(2) 61 RB LaMichael James Oregon
(4) 117 G Joe Looney Wake Forest
(5) 165 LB Darius Fleming Notre Dame
(6) 180 S Trent Robinson Michigan State
(6) 199 C Jason Slowey Western Oregon
(7) 237 LB Cam Johnson Virginia
Tennessee Titans

Top needs: CB, DE, C, OLB, S

Summary: Tennessee goes into 2012 with a vastly improved group of wide receivers. I didn't see this as a top need, but with Kenny Britt back, the addition of Kendall Wright means Jake Locker has the necessary weapons to succeed if he starts the season. If you know you have the weapons, you can better assess if you truly have your franchise quarterback. I can see the strategy. Wright was no steal, however. I thought it was possible he could fall to Round 2. Zach Brown is an athlete, but he's not physical at all. He's better chasing down plays from the weak side than he will be taking on blocks. Taylor Thompson will be a fun one to watch as he converts to tight end. He caught passes there in high school, so it won't be a foreign concept. Coty Sensabaugh has a chance to stick, but I expected earlier urgency for a cornerback. Markelle Martin might be the best value pick for Tennessee at No. 190.

(1) 20 WR Kendall Wright Baylor
(2) 52 LB Zach Brown UNC
(3) 82 DT Mike Martin Michigan
(4) 115 CB Coty Sensabaugh Clemson
(5) 145 TE Taylor Thompson SMU
(6) 190 S Markelle Martin Oklahoma State
(7) 211 DE Scott Solomon Rice
Dallas Cowboys

Top needs: G/C, CB, OLB, SS, DE

Summary: Dallas created one of the first dramas of the draft, moving up to No. 6 in a deal with St. Louis. The big question was whether they would take Mark Barron or Morris Claiborne. They went with Claiborne, and suddenly you look at their corners as a strength, adding the LSU star to a team that already has Brandon Carr. Problem is, Carr wasn't a draft pick and Dallas didn't get much after that. Tyrone Crawford is a decent player. He was my No. 8-ranked defensive end, but my first guess would be that he'll stand up. He profiles more as a depth pick as he adjusts. Kyle Wilber could stick. Really thought Dallas would get a player along the offensive line and improve the run game. I also don't see any immediate help for the pass rush. But the Cowboys can feel pretty good about landing Claiborne.

(1) 6 CB Morris Claiborne LSU
(3) 81 DE Tyrone Crawford Boise State
(4) 113 LB Kyle Wilber Wake Forest
(4) 135 S Matt Johnson Eastern Washington
(5) 152 WR Danny Coale Virginia Tech
(6) 186 TE James Hanna Oklahoma
(7) 222 LB Caleb McSurdy Montana
New York Giants

Top needs: RB, OL, TE, LB, CB

Summary: I had running back as the top need for the Giants, and they got one with their first pick. David Wilson should be productive, but I think they really would have preferred Doug Martin. I might have gone with an O-lineman there, but the Giants have capably kept things patched up for a couple years, and will have to continue to do so, because they didn't get a tackle until the fourth round. Brandon Mosley has a shot (he's the No. 13-ranked offensive tackle on my board), but you don't want him starting in Week 1. Rueben Randle lacks explosiveness, but he was a pretty good value as the last pick in Round 2. Clearly, the NFL thought he'd be gone far higher -- he was the last player in the green room. Jayron Hosley is a really instinctive corner, and I wouldn't have thought he'd still be around based on his sophomore year. But he regressed in 2011. He can cover, but he lacks a physical element to his game. Some helpful pieces, but Wilson needs to provide impact.

(1) 32 RB David Wilson Virginia Tech
(2) 63 WR Rueben Randle LSU
(3) 94 CB Jayron Hosley Virginia Tech
(4) 127 TE Adrien Robinson Cincinnati
(4) 131 T Brandon Mosley Auburn
(6) 201 T Matt McCants UAB
(7) 239 DT Markus Kuhn North Carolina State

Rispondi

Torna a “NFL”