Re: Trump vs NFL

Messaggio da acp » 12/10/2017, 16:40

michelle presidenta. io però preferisco la melania

Cassa
Senior
Senior

Messaggio da Cassa » 12/10/2017, 17:06

acp ha scritto: 12/10/2017, 16:40 michelle presidenta. io però preferisco la melania

rassista :stressato:

joesox
MLB Team: Boston Red Sox
NFL Team: New England Patriots
NBA Team: Boston Celtics
NHL Team: Boston Bruins

Messaggio da joesox » 14/10/2017, 21:11

Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost (Jefferson)

Republicans declared the Capitol attack on Jan. 6 to be "legitimate political discourse"

Masataka era il suo nome (Ender Wiggin)

acp
MLB Team: luke kuechly.
NFL Team: la pace dei sensi.
NBA Team: basket fa schifo.
Squadra di calcio: TF.

Messaggio da acp » 16/10/2017, 15:21

joesox ha scritto: 14/10/2017, 21:11

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

intanto kaep ha deciso di eliminare pure quello 0,1% di chances di essere firmato

darioambro
NFL Team: New York Jets
NBA Team: New York Knicks
NHL Team: Detroit Red Wings
Contatta:

Messaggio da darioambro » 17/10/2017, 18:08

Pur essendo della NBA, Popovich la tocca piano contro Trump.

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich: President Trump is a 'soulless coward'

“I’ve been amazed and disappointed by so much of what this President had said, and his approach to running this country, which seems to be one of just a never-ending divisiveness. But his comments today about those who have lost loved ones in times of war and his lies that previous presidents Obama and Bush never contacted their families, is so beyond the pale, I almost don’t have the words.”
“This man in the Oval Office is a soulless coward who thinks that he can only become large by belittling others. This has of course been a common practice of his, but to do it in this manner – and to lie about how previous presidents responded to the deaths of soldiers – is as low as it gets. We have a pathological liar in the White House: unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office and the whole world knows it, especially those around him every day. The people who work with this President should be ashamed because they know it better than anyone just how unfit he is, and yet they choose to do nothing about it. This is their shame most of all.

https://sports.yahoo.com/gregg-popovich ... 29012.html
IGNOTO SEPARATISTA NFL
if you don't believe in yourself, nobody's will do. Kobe
"All the way from Tampa, Florida, ....Obituary"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5aNq2fjdEw
let me tell you something, I don't need no doctor, all I need is my L.O.V.E machine (WASP)

joesox

Messaggio da joesox » 27/10/2017, 20:40

Texans owner Bob McNair issued a public apology on Friday for saying “We can't have the inmates running the prison" during the NFL owners meeting last week in reference to the player protests during the national anthem.

In his apology statement, McNair said, "I regret that I used that expression. I never meant to offend anyone and I was not referring to our players. I used a figure of speech that was never intended to be taken literally. I would never characterize our players or our league that way and I apologize to anyone who was offended by it."

McNair made the comment on Oct. 18 in a meeting in which owners were talking about the business concerns surrounding the protests.

NFL executive Troy Vincent said he was offended by McNair characterizing the players as “inmates,” saying he never felt like an inmate during his time playing in the NFL.

McNair apologized to Vincent and said he felt terrible about his wording. Vincent is said to have accepted the apology.

Lapsus freudiano? O semplice previsione?
Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost (Jefferson)

Republicans declared the Capitol attack on Jan. 6 to be "legitimate political discourse"

joesox

Messaggio da joesox » 27/10/2017, 22:19

Patriots owner Robert Kraft is at the center of most league issues. As an entrusted statesman, he’s often deployed as a mediator between the owners and players, such as at the tail end of the 2011 lockout.

But during the ongoing national anthem controversy, Kraft has seceded attention to hardline owners who demand their players stand for the “Star-Spangled Banner” In an ESPN feature story about this month’s league meetings, Cowboys head-honcho Jones is portrayed as the leader of this faction. Texans owner Bob McNair is also quoted as saying he wants to force players to stand, because the “inmates can’t run the prison.” He apologized Friday for the tone-deaf analogy.

While Kraft hasn’t publicly taken a leadership role during the anthem dispute, it’s apparent he’s attempted to ease tension between both sides. Seth Wickersham and Don Van Natta Jr. report Kraft, who’s close friends with President Donald Trump, separated himself from the hardliners during the meeting. Kraft apparently supported the league’s marketing proposal about promoting awareness for the players’ social justice causes, which several other owners rebuked. In addition, Kraft reportedly stressed the player protests would likely dissipate with time. “This argument seemed to find a receptive audience in the room,” Wickersham and Van Natta write.

Towards the end of the 90-minute proceedings, Kraft also reportedly mumbled to two Jets players sitting next to him, "Can we just shut the f--- up and end this?”

In a recent interview with BBC, Kraft said he told his players he supports their right to express themselves. "I spoke to the team and I told them that they were free to do what they thought was correct as long; I try to bring unity and bring things together, and part of that is respecting how other people think,” he said. “Even if it’s genuine, even if it’s different than the way I speak; the way you build team and you build success is to let people be themselves.”

Last month, Kraft said he was “deeply disappointed” when Trump called protesting NFL players “sons of bitches” at a rally in Alabama.

Despite weeks of talks between owners and players, no consensus has been reached on the anthem issue. But Kraft, per usual, seems to be trying.

joesox

Messaggio da joesox » 27/10/2017, 22:41

darioambro ha scritto: 17/10/2017, 18:08 ...The people who work with this President should be ashamed because they know it better than anyone just how unfit he is, and yet they choose to do nothing about it. This is their shame most of all...

Hollywood travolta dallo scandalo Weinstein.
Ed il commento più ricorrente è: perché non avete fatto di più? Perchè non avete detto niente? Perché non vi siete ribellati?
Perché avete aspettato anni o decenni? E molti attori ed attrici stanno chiedendo scusa. Troppo tardi.

Un paio di giorni fa un senatore repubblicano dell'Arizona ha detto che lui non può continuare a non dire niente e a non fare niente.
Trump è una disgrazia, un bugiardo vile e codardo. Un imbroglione che sta andando contro tutto quello che è l'America. E Jeff Flake lo ha denunciato al Senato. Ha detto che non avrebbe potuto guardare in faccia i suoi figli se gli avessero chiesto un giorno perché non avesse fatto nulla quando era il momento.

A parte che la protesta di Kap è cominciata quando c'era Obama alla Casa Bianca. Ed Eric Reed lo spiega benissimo qui su come è nata; ma da dove viene il 90% dei giocatori della NFL? Da quei posti dove la polizia non entra e quando entra spara a vista.
Quando finiranno le proteste? Non lo so, ma certo un presidente che si esprime in tale modo non aiuta la riconciliazione, un presidente che taglia fondi a destra e a sinistra non aiuta la società. Non sono situazioni che ha direttamente creato lui, ma non volerle vedere o addirittura negarle è criminale.

joesox

Messaggio da joesox » 29/10/2017, 23:03

A Seattle standing ovation per i Texans quasi tutti inginocchiati "contro" McNair.

Angyair
Pro
Pro
MLB Team: San Francisco Giants
NFL Team: San Francisco 49ers
NBA Team: Chicago Bulls
NHL Team: San Josè Sharks
Contatta:

Messaggio da Angyair » 05/11/2018, 17:56

Ricordate il litigio in campo tra Reid e Jenkins? Questo è parte del retroscena da cui nasce tutto:

joesox

Messaggio da joesox » 26/11/2018, 22:15

It turns out the reports of the NFL’s death were greatly exaggerated. After two years of declining ratings, viewership numbers are up big this season. Apparently, record-setting offense is the panacea for the league’s ills. 
Through 12 weeks this season, NFL ratings are up five-percent in comparison to 2017, per Fox Sports executive Michael Mulvihill. The numbers for primetime are even better, with ESPN’s “Monday Night Football” improving six points over last year –– despite Jason Witten’s best efforts to turn viewers’ brains into mush on a weekly basis. 

As ratings continue to fall for almost everything else on traditional TV, the NFL is more powerful than ever. According to the New York Times, viewership for network shows has stumbled an additional 10 percent this fall, signaling that streaming services are gaining more ground than ever. Live sports continue to be the most valuable product in TV, with the NFL leading the pact.
This year’s sizable uptick can likely be explained through the influx of offense that’s taken place around the league. Through Thanksgiving, the NFL was on pace to destroy its records for most points, touchdowns and touchdown passes tallied in a single season.

Due to a rash of rule changes meant to handicap the defense –– err, protect player safety –– many contests resemble flag football matchups, with teams trading scores until the end. Fifty-one games have already been decided by a field goal or less, meaning only 18 more nail-biting affairs are needed for the league to break the record set in 1997.
Unsurprisingly, spectacular quarterback play has defined the league this season, with 20 qualified pass-throwers putting up QB ratings north of 90. Four quarterbacks –– Patrick Mahomes, Jared Goff, Matt Ryan and Ben Roethlisberger –– are on pace to throw for 5,000 yards. And best of all, most of them are healthy. While Jimmy Garoppolo and Alex Smith are lost for the year, there aren’t nearly as many injuries to marquee players this year in comparison to the last couple of seasons. 

Just three months ago, it looked like President Donald Trump was gearing up to use kneeling players and the NFL’s sagging ratings as another piece of red meat to fire up his aggrieved supporters. But Trump hasn’t tweeted about the NFL since Sept. 9. The league’s ratings are so strong, even the man who once lied 83 times in one day can’t twist the numbers to fit into his perverted version of reality.
Even the lousy games are drawing huge numbers. Redskins-Cowboys attracted 30.8 million viewers on Thanksgiving, making it the most-watched game of the year. Only four non-NFL sporting events this decade have amassed a larger audience than that
In today’s era, TV shows are lucky to maintain their viewership numbers, never mind build upon them. Except the NFL, that is. It's hard to imagine many owners grumbling about Roger Goodell's inflated salary this year. 

Rispondi

Torna a “NFL”