Rispondi
joesox
MLB Team: Boston Red Sox
NFL Team: New England Patriots
NBA Team: Boston Celtics
NHL Team: Boston Bruins

Re: Around the MLB

Messaggio da joesox » 01/09/2017, 13:47

“I'm an old man so they should go out and want to kick my butt,” CC Sabathia said of the Red Sox. “I just feel like they tried to take the weak road.”

Eduardo Nunez on Sabathia: "He's, like, 36 years old now. He wants respect. People know he was on the DL for the knee, so he don't want people to bunt. Like I say, it's not my problem. It's my game. I don't have any power. If I had to bunt four times, I will bunt. It's not my fault. What do you want me to do?"
Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost (Jefferson)

Republicans declared the Capitol attack on Jan. 6 to be "legitimate political discourse"

Masataka era il suo nome (Ender Wiggin)

Hobbit83
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
MLB Team: Toronto Blue Jays
NFL Team: GreenBay Packers/Toronto Argos
NBA Team: Toronto Raptors
NHL Team: Toronto Maple Leafs
Squadra di calcio: Inter /St.Pauli/Rayo
Località: Palasport Flaminio, RN / Stadio Renato Dall'Ara, BO

Messaggio da Hobbit83 » 04/09/2017, 9:56

joesox ha scritto: 01/09/2017, 13:47 “I'm an old man so they should go out and want to kick my butt,” CC Sabathia said of the Red Sox. “I just feel like they tried to take the weak road.”

Eduardo Nunez on Sabathia: "He's, like, 36 years old now. He wants respect. People know he was on the DL for the knee, so he don't want people to bunt. Like I say, it's not my problem. It's my game. I don't have any power. If I had to bunt four times, I will bunt. It's not my fault. What do you want me to do?"
"Devono battermi sui miei punti di forza, non sui miei punti deboli!"
Che discorso stupido! :laughing: :laughing:
*** Moderazione in rosso ***

"Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack stopped that with his goalie stick" (Joe Bowen)
Immagine

joesox

Messaggio da joesox » 05/09/2017, 18:26

Los Angeles Dodgers, June 7 - August 19: 52-9

Los Angeles Dodgers, August 26 - September 4: 1-9
Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost (Jefferson)

Republicans declared the Capitol attack on Jan. 6 to be "legitimate political discourse"

Hobbit83
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
MLB Team: Toronto Blue Jays
NFL Team: GreenBay Packers/Toronto Argos
NBA Team: Toronto Raptors
NHL Team: Toronto Maple Leafs
Squadra di calcio: Inter /St.Pauli/Rayo
Località: Palasport Flaminio, RN / Stadio Renato Dall'Ara, BO

Messaggio da Hobbit83 » 06/09/2017, 0:13

Pare che i Red Sox siano stati sorpresi dagli Yankees a rubare i segnali tramite ausilio tecnologico (vietato).
I Sox sostengono di avere le prove che lo facessero pure gli Yankees.
*** Moderazione in rosso ***

"Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack stopped that with his goalie stick" (Joe Bowen)
Immagine

joesox

Messaggio da joesox » 06/09/2017, 0:37

Già confessato.

joesox

Messaggio da joesox » 06/09/2017, 0:38

Primi nella storia beccati a rubare segnali...

joesox

Messaggio da joesox » 06/09/2017, 0:39

#applegate

esba
Squadra di calcio: ACMilan

Messaggio da esba » 06/09/2017, 11:32

Non c'e' niente da fare e' come nel football, quando giocano le squadre di queste due citta' l'hype per fare le malandrinate si inpenna.
alla riscossa stupidi, che i fiumi sono in piena, potete stare a galla...

https://twitter.com/dannyvietti/status/ ... 48193?s=21

joesox

Messaggio da joesox » 06/09/2017, 13:52

Manfred acknowledged this could've been resolved differently.

"We would prefer not to have these sorts of issues at all, No. 1," he said. "No. 2, to the extent that we have them, we'd prefer to investigate them, deal with them privately, and be done with them. It didn't happen that way. I'm a realist when it comes to these matters, and we're going to deal with what we have."

Manfred made it clear that while stealing signs is acceptable, doing so with technology is not.

"I take any issue that affects the play of the game on the field extremely seriously," Manfred said. "I do believe that this is a charged situation from a competitive perspective. When you have the kind of rivalry the Red Sox and Yankees have, I guess it's not shocking you could have charges and counter-charges like this. We will conduct a thorough investigation of the charges on both sides. I want to do it quickly, I think it's important we get it resolved. The only thing I can tell you about repercussions is that to there was a violation on either side, and I'm not saying there was, but to the extent there was a violation on either side we are 100 percent comfortable that it's not an ongoing issue that if it happened, it is no longer. I think that's important from an integrity perspective going forward."

While generally declining to discuss the league's investigation beyond lauding the Red Sox for their cooperation, Manfred explained that sign stealing itself isn't illegal.

"We actually do not have a rule against sign stealing," he said. "It has been a part of the game for a very, very long time. To the extent that there was a violation of the rule here, it was a violation by one or the other that involved the use of electronic equipment. It's the electronic equipment that creates the violation. I think the rule against electronic equipment has a number of policy reasons behind it, but one of them is we don't want to escalate attempts to figure out what a pitcher is going to throw by introducing electronics into that mix."

So what repercussions might the Red Sox face? Manfred implied that they won't be vacating any wins -- "Has it ever happened with this type of allegation? I think the answer is, I know the answer is no" -- but any potential punishments should be viewed as deterrents for the rest of the league.

"When I think about punishment, I think you need to think about deterrents," Manfred said. "I think you need to think about how the violation has affected the play on the field, and I think you need to think about how it's affected the perception of the game publicly. All of those things are something that you have to weigh in terms of trying to get to appropriate discipline."

Manfred sounded in agreement with Red Sox president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski, who wishes the two sides had handled it privately.

"I am told, and I've never been a general manager, but I'm told sign stealing issues are often resolved by one general manager calling another general manager and saying, 'Hey, I think you're doing X and if you're doing it, you oughta stop doing it,' and that has happened in the past," Manfred said.

Andare dalla stampa porta sfiga.

joesox

Messaggio da joesox » 06/09/2017, 16:39

Immagine

Gli Yankees hanno chiamato per Fister. Ha un auricolare.

Fdb
Rookie
Rookie
MLB Team: New York Yankees
NBA Team: Phoenix Suns

Messaggio da Fdb » 07/09/2017, 9:14

La cosa difficile in questo caso è capire quanto possa aver influenzato la tecnologia sul gioco, per questo caso specifico lascerei correre ma metterei il divieto assoluto di portare qualsiasi dispositivo elettronico in panchina mettendo pene severe a chi verrà beccato.

Potrebbe anche essere un'auricolare perchè sordo

The Goods
Pro
Pro
NBA Team: Los Angeles Lakers
NHL Team: Pittsburgh Penguins

Messaggio da The Goods » 07/09/2017, 13:27

In realtà è il paradenti...
:laughing:

joesox

Messaggio da joesox » 07/09/2017, 14:09

Fdb ha scritto: 07/09/2017, 9:14 La cosa difficile in questo caso è capire quanto possa aver influenzato la tecnologia sul gioco, per questo caso specifico lascerei correre ma metterei il divieto assoluto di portare qualsiasi dispositivo elettronico in panchina mettendo pene severe a chi verrà beccato.

Potrebbe anche essere un'auricolare perchè sordo

Immagine

Immagine

IPAD in panchina, ma non possono collegarsi a reti WIFI.
Possono solo giocare al Solitario.

The Goods
Pro
Pro
NBA Team: Los Angeles Lakers
NHL Team: Pittsburgh Penguins

Messaggio da The Goods » 07/09/2017, 14:12

Vabbè alla WiFi no...
Usano la connessione dati.
:laughing:

rene144
Contatta:

Messaggio da rene144 » 23/09/2017, 3:17

Jeter licenzia chiunque. Il modo in cui l'ha fatto però è assurdo.

Rispondi

Torna a “MLB”